by Tarla Dalal
Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4166 times
Here is a yummy variant to the traditional dal kachori, which is sure to entice everybody, especially children. This amazing variant is made with a filling of crushed sweet corn kernels and sliced onions perked up with tasty spice powders.
Like all authentic kachoris, the deep-fried Corn Kachori also holds the filling inside a flaky, melt-in-the-mouth cover made of plain flour and melted ghee.
Served with hot Masala Chai , these kachoris are sure to add more josh to your evening. Try other kachori recipes like the Pyaaz ki Kachori and the Mawa Kachori .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water. Knead well for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Cover the dough with a lid and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions, garlic paste and green chili paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the sweet corn, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chaat masala and coriander and mix well. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, divide the mixture into 14 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 14 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 100 mm. (4 ") diameter circle and place a portion of the corn filling in the centre.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre, seal it tightly and remove the excess dough.
- Roll a filled portion into a 75 mm. (3") diameter circle, ensuring that the filling does not spill out.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 13 more kachoris.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry, a few kachoris at a time, on a medium flame for 4 minutes. Reduce the flame and deep-fry on a slow flame for 5 to 6 minutes, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per kachori
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.