Corn and Potato Tikkis
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 201 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 103603 times
These cheese-packed Corn and Potato Tikkis are a delight to bite into! The crispy outer surface of the tikkis give way to a soft inside that merges the mellow sweetness of corn, the mushy texture of potatoes and the gooeyness of cheese with tangy lemon juice and peppy garam masala. Indeed, every bite of these tikkis is an experience to savour.
- Combine the corn, potatoes, coriander, lemon juice, green chillies, garam masala and salt in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and shape each portion into a small round.
- Press a little in the centre of each round to make a depression, place 2 cheese cubes in each depression and again shape them into a round ball and then flatten it lightly between your palms to make a 50 mm. (2”) diameter tikki.
- Heat the oil on a non-stick tava (griddle), place the tikkis on it and cook on a medium flame using oil till they are golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve immediately with green chutney and tomato ketchup.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.