Chana Dal and Cabbage Tikki
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 349 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 83992 times
Diabetic-friendly ingredients like chana dal and cabbage, flavoured elegantly with mint leaves and cumin seeds powder, make brilliant tikkis! The crispness of the Chana Dal and Cabbage Tikki brought about by the interplay of chana dal and curds is indeed remarkable, but must be had fresh off the tava to enjoy the perfect texture. Being cooked with minimal oil, these tikkis are light but still sumptuous enough to keep you going till the next meal.
- Combine the chana dal, green chillies and 2 tbsp of water in a mixer and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste.
- Transfer the paste into a bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Shape a portion of the mixture into a 63 mm (2½ “) flat round tikki and immediately cook it on the tava (griddle) on a slow flame, using ¼ tsp oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat the step 5 to make 5 more tikkis.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
- Make the mixture for the tikkis just before cooking them and shape them one by one and directly cook them on a tava (griddle) and also do not shape the tikkis in advance.
Nutrient values per tikki
|Energy|| 79 calories|
|Protein|| 3.9 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 10.7 gm|
|Fat|| 2.4 gm|
|Iron|| 1.2 mg|
|Fibre|| 2.8 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.