Oats Moong Dal Tikki
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 311 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 97082 times
Oats and moong dal combine excitingly with an assortment of Indian spices to make a fibre and protein rich snack that will satisfy the food lover and health freak in you! To get perfect Oats Moong Dal Tikkis, shape them thinly and cook on a slow flame to ensure complete and uniform cooking. These tikkis are quite filling, and if used to make burgers, can end up as a snacky meal!
- Clean, wash and boil the yellow moong dal in 1 cup of water in a deep pan till the dal is soft and cooked and all the water has evaporated.
- Drain and blend the dal in a mixer to a coarse paste.
- Transfer the paste into a bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each portion into a 63 mm. (2½”) round flat tikki.
- Lightly grease a non-stick tava (griddle) with ½ tsp of oil.
- Cook each tikki, using ? tsp of oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Evenly cooked from both the sides.
- Serve immediately with healthy green chutney.
Nutrient values per tikki
|Energy|| 4.4 kcal|
|Protein|| 2.1 gm|
|CHO|| 6.4 gm|
|Fat|| 1.1 gm|
|Fibre|| 0.7 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.