Cheese and Broccoli Tikkis, Cheese Cutlet Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 224 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 86986 times
Given a choice, kids will say nyaaaaah to broccoli, but they are a must-have because of their nutritional benefits!
So, tempt them with these yummy tikkis made with a combination of broccoli and cheese. Use olive oil to cook these tikkis as it is rich in vitamin E.
For health and taste check out our section of healthy kids recipes .
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions, ginger-garlic paste and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and salt and sauté on a slow flame for 3 minutes. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, transfer the broccoli mixture into a deep bowl, add the potatoes and cheese and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape each portion into a 50 mm. (2”) diameter round flat tikkis.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the tikkis using olive oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve immediately.
Cheese and Broccoli Tikkis by Tarla Dalal
Cheese and Broccoli Tikkis, Cheese Cutlet Recipe recipe with step by step photos
What are tikkis? Tikkis are small round or oval-shaped snacks, usually around 2 or 3 inches in diameter. Normally, potatoes are mixed with other ingredients like herbs, spices, dals, sprouts and other veggies too. This dough-like mixture is then shaped and cooked. They can be deep-fried or shallow-fried. Nowadays, we also encounter healthy versions that are baked or tava-cooked. We also see health-conscious people going for ingredients like oats and nachni flour to bind their tikkis instead of mashed potatoes.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.