by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1008 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 63941 times
Fresh paneer together with chopped coriander and green chillies, rolled in flour and shallow- fried to perfection – ah, no wonder the paneer tikki is such a popular snack! this version is made even more irresistible with a rich dry fruit stuffing that complements the soft paneer very well.
- Place the paneer in a dish, knead it very well, till it is smooth like a dough.
- Add the coriander, green chillies, salt and powdered sugar and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions and shape each portion into a small round.
- Press a little in the centre of each round to make a depression, place 1½ tsp of the dry fruit stuffing in it and again shape them into a round ball and then flatten it lightly between your palms. Roll it lightly in cornflour.
- Repeat step 4 to make 9 more tikkis.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook a few tikkis at a time till they are golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tikki
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.