Corn Palak Sabzi, Healthy Sweet Corn Spinach Sabzi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 152 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 267282 times
Widely available and full of nutrients, spinach makes a colourful and flavoursome companion to corn in this Corn Palak Sabzi.
Healthy Corn Palak Sabzi has palak and sweet corn. Palak is one of the fat-free ways of adding antioxidants antioxidants like vitamin C, vitamin A and folate. These together will work to keep your heart free of diseases.
Sweet Corn in Corn Palak Sabzi, on the other hand, is known to reduce reduce cholesterol levels and promote heart health.
Diabetics are advised to replace the sweet corn with low fat paneer due to the high glycemic load of sweet corn. That will convert the Sweet Corn Spinach Sabzi to a Paneer Palak Sabzi.
This Corn Palak Sabzi is a fairly good source of calcium which will aid in promoting bone strength. The fibre from spinach, sweet corn and tomatoes will help to cleanse your digestive tract too.
Enjoy Corn Palak Sabzi with whole wheat phulkas instead of maida based naan.
Try other healthy subzis like Tendli aur Matki ki Subzi and Hariyali Mutter.
Enjoy how to make Corn Palak Sabzi recipe with detailed step by step photos and video below.
- Combine the spinach, dried fenugreek leaves ,sugar and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Allow it to cool completely and grind it in a mixer to a smooth purée along with coriander, garlic, green chillies and ginger. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the onion paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato pulp and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, garam masala,mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared spinach purée, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Add the salt and milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the sweet corn kernels, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Serve the corn palak sabzi hot with phulkas or parathas.
Corn Palak Sabzi Video (Iron and Vitamin A rich Recipe)
Corn Palak Sabzi, Healthy Sweet Corn Spinach Sabzi recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.