Methi Pitla ( Healthy Subzi)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 57 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41202 times
Methi Pitla is a simple yet tasty Maharashtrian delicacy that can be rustled up in a jiffy to enrich your diet with iron, folic acid and zinc too. Zinc plays an important role in maintaining your immunity levels, and also lends a stunning glow to your skin. Just make sure you serve the Pitla immediately on preparation, as it becomes lumpy over time.
- Combine the besan along with 2 cups of water in a deep bowl and whisk well till no lumps remain.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the garlic paste and the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the fenugreek leaves, green chillies and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared besan-water mixture, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Serve immediately with whole wheat bhakris or chapatis.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.