Paneer Methi Palak, Healthy Subzi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 492 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 40554 times
An absolutely exquisite combination of low fat paneer with loads of green veggies and a perfect blend of spices makes it a delectable and healthy option.
The addition of green veggies makes it rich in antioxidants and also gives you fibre which keeps you full for a longer time. The goodness of added paneer makes sure that you get a punch of good quality protein as well.
Also an effort is made to use minimum oil which makes it a low calorie recipe giving only 88 calories per serving.
This recipe thereby qualifies to become a very good alternative for health freaks! Enjoy every bite of it with rotis or Parathas and have a tasty treat!
- Combine the spinach and fenugreek leaves in deep non-stick pan, mix well and cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Cool and blend in a mixer along with green chillies, ginger and garlic till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared spinach-fenugreek mixture, milk and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes ,while stirring occasionally.
- Add the paneer, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.