Added to 60 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 50511 times
You would have tried dosas and rotis of maize flour but have you ever tried making a dosa with fresh sweet corn kernels?
With a small amount of besan for binding, and green chillies and coriander for flavour, juicy sweet corn kernels make scrumptious dosas that are of a perfect colour and texture.
The best part is that the Corn Dosa can be made in no time at all, as it requires no soaking or fermentation and grinding time is also very less. It will be loved by all, especially kids!
- Blend the sweet corn kernels in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the sweet corn mixture into a bowl, add all the remaining ingredients along with approx. ¼ cup of water and mix well to make a batter of dropping consistency.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it using a little oil.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on the tava (griddle) and move the spoon in a circular motion to make a 150 mm. (6”) round dosa.
- Smear a little oil around the edges and cook on a medium flame till the dosa turns light brown in colour from both the sides.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle or a roll.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 3 more dosas.
- Serve immediately with coconut chutney or green chutney.
Nutrient values per dosa
|Vitamin A||178.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||3.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||35.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.