by Tarla Dalal
Added to 44 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34322 times
Crispy outside and soft inside, these scrumptious Poha Bhajias are perfect for a rainy day. Curd imparts a nice tangy flavour to the beaten rice, while an assortment of nutritious veggies add to the taste and volume of these bhajias. The curd also plays an important role in increasingly the crispiness of these besan-bound bhajias, while the tempering imparts a traditional yet tempting aroma to this delicious snack.
- Place the poha in a sieve and hold it under running water for a few seconds. Keep aside for 2 minutes for the water to drain out completely.
- Combine the soaked and drained poha, curds-water mixture in a deep bowl , mix well and cover and keep aside for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and ¼ cup water, mix well and keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the sesame seeds and asafoetida, and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Remove from flame, add this tempering to the poha mixture and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a deep kadhai and drop spoonfuls of the mixture using your fingers and deep-fry, a few at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture to make more bhajias. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup
Nutrient values per bhajia
|Vitamin A||65.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.