Oats and Poha Chivda
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 104 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 63824 times
Yet another variation of a favourite Indian snack! Use oats and poha to make this healthy chivda. Carry this snack in your bag to work or to the gym for an instant pick-me-up when you feel your blood sugar levels decreasing. Suggested serving size per person: 1 serving.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds, green chillies and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the asafoetida and turmeric powder and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the oats, poha and chana dal, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the khakhra, salt and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Allow it to cool and store in an air-tight container.
Oats and Poha Chivda (Diabetic Snack) Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.