Khakhra Chivda ( Tiffin Treats)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 70 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 56519 times
khakhra chivda | instant khakhra chivda | khakhra chivda for tiffin | with 15 amazing images.
khakhra chivda is where crushed khakhras are pepped up with roasted chana dal, peanuts, cashew nuts, sev and other interesting ingredients, which will make the taste buds – and of course, your kids – to jump with joy.
When kids get bored of the usual rotis in their tiffin box, you can make an exciting khakhra chivda snack with crispy khakhra instead! Made with wheat flour, khakhras are quite as satiating as rotis but can be quite thrilling for kids to munch on. It is difficult to think of something new everyday for your kiddo’s tiffin so this is one khakhra chivda snack that you can use as their tiffin treat and I am sure the box would definitely come back empty!
You can also use this khakhra chivda as a Diwali jar snack and serve it to your guests or simply use it as an evening snack and enjoy it with a hot piping cup of masala chai . When I be craving for something tasty, I add in cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, coriander with little chaat masala to this khakhra chivda making it a chaat and kill my hunger pangs by relishing it!
You can make a large batch of this khakhra chivda and store it in an air-tight container for 5-6 days, ready to send in the kids tiffin box anytime you wish. It can come in really handy on hurried days when you don’t have time to prepare an elaborate tiffin. Moreover, your kids would love it too! Also pack Quick Chocolaty Biscuits in another tiffin for a perfect short break combo.
Learn to make khakhra chivda | instant khakhra chivda | khakhra chivda for tiffin | with detailed step by step recipe photos below.
- To make khakhra chivda, heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, roasted chana dal, peanuts and cashewnuts, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till the they turn light brown in colour, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the curry leaves, turmeric powder and chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the khakhra, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Switch off the flame, add the salt and powdered sugar and mix well. Keep the khakhra chivda aside to cool completely.
- Sprinkle sev and toss well.
- Store the khakhra chivda in an air-tight container, and pack in an air-tight tiffin box.
Khakhra Chivda (Tiffin Treats For Kids) Video by Tarla Dalal
Khakhra Chivda ( Tiffin Treats) recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.