by Tarla Dalal
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 37131 times
Pop a spoonful into your mouth and savour the crunchiness of this delectable snack! An assortment of ingredients ranging from poha and peanuts to cashews and curry leaves gives this Poha Chivda a range of textures, while a choice of spice powders gives it a nice savoury aroma and flavour. While it is perfect to have on a cold, rainy day, with a cup of chaai, this versatile snack is also light enough to enjoy on a hot summer’s day with a glass of juice, or to take along to school or office in a snack box! You can prepare a batch of this chivda and store it in an airtight container for a week to relish it as and when you wish to.
- Heat a deep non-stick pan and dry roast the thin beaten rice on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously or till crisp. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Once the seeds crackle add the peanuts, roasted chana dal and cashewnuts, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till they turn light brown in colour.
- Add the turmeric powder, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the roasted thin beaten rice, chilli powder, powdered sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values per cup
|Vitamin A||132.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||2.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.