Sweet Oats Chivda
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3665 times
The Sweet Oats Chivda is one snack that is bound to create a crunchy tempest on your palate! Sweet and crisp, this unique chivda is made of oats coated with jaggery and peanut butter.
A dash of assorted nuts adds more crunch to this zesty snack, enhancing its range of textures. Laced with cardamom, the Sweet Oats Chivda has a very enchanting flavour and a nice mouth-feel too.
You can have it as a snack, to avoid munching on biscuits and wafers. You may also pack it in your kids’ snack box as a healthy choice. With its pleasantly sweet flavour, it also satisfies the sweet tooth!
Try other recipes using oats like Oats Moong Toast or Oats Khichdi .
- Dry roast the oats on a medium flame for 3 minutes. Remove and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the jaggery and 2 tbsp of peanut butter, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the roasted oats, mixed nuts and cardamom powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, transfer the mixture into a deep bowl and cool slightly.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp of peanut butter and mix well.
- Cool completely and store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||561.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||6.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.