Oats and Cinnamon Biscuits
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 106 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29448 times
Sudden hunger pangs are very dangerous. In the rush to appease the gnawing tummy, we immediately reach for some tempting packaged foods, and end up increasing glucose levels in the bargain. Try to keep some healthy jar snacks like this Oats and Cinnamon Biscuit handy, to snack on when you are hungry.
With the pleasant crunch of oats and aesthetic flavour of cinnamon, this biscuit, which is mildly sweetened with a sugar substitute, is sure to appease your sweet tooth too. Apart from boosting the aroma and flavour, the cinnamon used in this recipe will also do you a world of good.
It helps keep glucose levels under check by helping the body to utilise it, and also prevents the formation of free radicals that can damage our body cells and cause complications like heart disorders. That makes this tasty snack a smart move towards better health!
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water. Do not knead much.
- Roll out the dough into a 225 mm. (9”) diameter and 6mm. (¼") thick circle.
- Cut out into equal sized square pieces of 37 mm. × 37 mm. (1½” × 1½”) using a cookie cutter. Knead the trimmed off dough portion well and roll again to make the remaining biscuits. Repeat this procedure till dough gets over. You will get 27 pieces in all.
- Bake them in a pre-heated oven at 150°c (300°f) for 12 minutes, turn them over and bake again for 22 minutes.
- Remove, cool and store in an air-tight container. These biscuits will stay fresh for a week.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per biscuit
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.