Rich Shortbread Biscuits, Eggless Butter Biscuits
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 126 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22983 times
Seeing the soft, melt-in-the-mouth texture of shortbread biscuits, many people tend to think that it contains eggs. But, actually it does not. Plain flour, sugar and butter are all that you need to make incredible Rich Shortbread Biscuits.
The crumbly texture and pleasant light colour of these eggless butter biscuits come from the generous use of butter. Since the dough will be a little soft, you must refrigerate it before cutting; otherwise it will be difficult to handle.
Serve with hot Elaichi Tea or coffee along with other evening tea snacks .
- Combine the butter and sugar in a deep bowl and cream it gently using a spatula.
- Add the vanilla essence and plain flour and knead into a soft dough without using any water. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 200 mm. (8”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Cut into 8 small rounds of approx. 37 mm. (1½”) in diameter with the help of a round cookie cutter.
- Scrape off the dough remaining after cutting the cookie rounds and continue making more cookies.
- Arrange the cookies on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Cool completely, store in an air tight container or pack in a tiffin box.
Nutrient values per biscuit
|Vitamin A||219.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.