Hyderabadi Osmania Biscuit, Saffron Flavoured Biscuits
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18448 times
Hyderabadi Osmania Biscuit is one of the most famous treats in that region. A must-buy item on the shopping list of every visitor, these saffron-tinged biscuits have a rich milky taste and buttery mouth-feel.
Take a bite and let it rest on your palate for a few seconds to be engulfed by the magical taste of saffron. Here we show you how to make this interesting biscuit yourself.
It is surprisingly quite easy to make! Once the cookies are baked, let them cool completely before tasting, only then they will become crispy.
Try other biscuit recipes like the Karachi Biscuits and Kesar Pista Badam Biscuit .
- Combine the saffron and warm milk in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the plain flour, baking powder, custard powder, milk powder and salt and sieve it. Keep aside.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a deep bowl and cream it using a spatula.
- Add the saffron-milk mixture and mix very well with help of a spatula.
- Add the plain flour-custard mixture, mix well and knead into a soft dough, without using any water or milk.
- Cover the dough using a cling warp and refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle little plain flour on a clean, dry surface and roll the dough into 275 mm. (11’) diameter circle and with help of a vati or a cookie cutter cut into 50 mm. (2”) diameter roundels.
- Repeat step 7 to make more circles. Keep doing till the dough is over and you get 20 circles in total.
- Arrange the biscuits on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 25 minutes.
- Cool completely and store in an air tight container. Use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per biscuit
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.