by Tarla Dalal
Added to 112 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 42447 times
Everybody loves Bourbon Biscuits – the sugar, crispy treats that are packed with lusciously creamy and buttery chocolate icing! We all have our favourite brands and hunt the store-shelves for it. But today, allow us to share a secret with you.
Bourbon Biscuits are not so complicated that they cannot be made at home! In fact, homemade Bourbon Biscuits will beat even your favourite brands hands-down, partly because of the fresh flavour and partly because of the thrill of having made your favourite treat all by yourself.
So, what are you waiting for... put the aprons on and get ready to fill the air with the aroma of freshly-baked chocolaty Bourbon Biscuits.
These biscuits are sure to be a family favourite and a perfect gift to make and give for festive occasions like Diwali , Christmas and Raksha - Bandhan .
- Combine the butter and sugar in a deep bowl and mix very well using a spoon till smooth.
- Add the plain flour, cocoa powder, vanilla essence and baking powder, mix well and knead into a dough using approx. 3 tbsp of milk.
- Dust a clean dry surface with little plain flour, place the dough over it and roll into a 225mm. X 175mm. (11” x 9”) rectangle.
- Sprinkle little sugar evenly over it, and again roll it lightly.
- Cut the rolled dough into 20 equal rectangle portions.
- Place it on a baking tray and bake it in a n pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 20 minutes. Allow it to cool completely.
- Once cooled, apply the chocolate butter icing evenly over 10 biscuits and sandwich it with the remaining 10 biscuits.
- Store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values per biscuit
|Vitamin A||71.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.1 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.