Karachi Biscuits, Hyderabadi Tutti Fruti Biscuits
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 35 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28903 times
Karachi Biscuit is one of the most well-known treats of Hyderabad. In fact, if you have been to Hyderabad and come back without buying the famous Karachi Biscuits from Karachi Bakery, you are bound to face the wrath of your friends and family, who would have been eagerly waiting to bite into one of these melt-in-the-mouth, fruity biscuits!
Each bite of this biscuit fills your mouth with a pleasant fruity sweetness with a mild touch of spice. Tiny tutti-fruti titbits add fun to every bite, instantly making this biscuit a favourite with kids and adults alike.
The Karachi Biscuit tastes simply fab with tea, in the morning or evening. Here, we tell you how to make this wondrous treat, so you can experience it even without going to Hyderabad.
You can also try other biscuit recipes like Oats and Cinnamon Biscuits and Rich Shortbread Biscuits .
- Combine the plain flour, custard powder and baking powder in a strainer and sieve it to make a plain flour-custard powder mixture. Keep aside.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a deep bowl and cream it gently using a spatula.
- Add the tutti frutti, rose essence and cashewnuts and mix well.
- Add the plain flour-custard powder mix and knead into a soft dough using milk.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions and roll each portion of the dough into 150 mm (6”) in length and 50 mm. (2”) diameter cylindrical roll and wrap them in cling wrap.
- Refrigerate the dough for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cut each cylindrical roll into10 small rounds of approx. 50 mm. (2”) in diameter with the help of a sharp knife.
- Arrange the biscuits on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely and store in an air tight container. Use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per biscuit
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.