by Tarla Dalal
Added to 132 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23214 times
Melt-in-the-mouth buttery biscuits made of a unique blend of plain flour and cornflour are sandwiched with tongue-tickling raspberry jam to make everybody’s favourite Jam Biscuits.
The sight of the fruit jam peeping out of a hole in the biscuits adds to the visual appeal of these biscuits making them just too irresistible.
You can store these biscuits in an airtight container to enjoy whenever you wish. You can also surprise your kids by packing a few of these in their snack box .
- Combine the plain flour, cornflour and salt in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add the butter and rub the mixture with your fingertips.
- Add the sugar and mix well using a spatula.
- Add approx. 3 tbsp of ice-cold water to make a dough.
- Put the dough in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Dust the rolling board with plain flour and roll a portion of the dough into a 175 mm. (7”) and (1/4") thickness diameter circle.
- Cut with a round biscuit cutter to get 8 portions.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 to get 8 more circles. Make a hole in the centre of these 8 circles with help of an apple corer or any other cutter with a small hole.
- Place all the circles on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 160ºc ( 320ºf) for 25 minutes.
Nutrient values per biscuit
|Vitamin A||171.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||13.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.