Chitrana Rice ( Jain Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 80 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 39356 times
Tangy rice dish, flavoured with peanuts and malagapadi, a south indian spice mixture.
- Mix and dry roast all the ingredients. Blend them in a blender to a powder and keep aside.
- Boil the rice in a vesselful of salted water. Each grain of the cooked rice should be separate. Drain and cool.
- Roast the peanuts and sesame seeds separately and powder them coarsely. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan add the chana dal and mustard seeds and roast for 1 minute.
- Add the red chillies, curry leaves and asafoetida and cook again for ½ a minute.
- Finally, add the rice, coconut, tamarind water, turmeric powder, malagapadi powder, roasted peanuts and sesame seeds powder and salt and cook for a few minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.