Cucumber Curd Rice ( Pregnancy Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 702 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 42231 times
This is a slightly modified version of the south indian "dahi bhaat". Rich in protein and calcium, this rice dish is just perfect for a cooling summer lunch. The cucumber, carrots and coriander provide fibre and vitamin a. I have used mild flavours, so that it will agree with you even you even during the first trimester.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, curds, cucumber, carrots, coriander, rice and salt and mix well.
- In another pan, heat the oil and add the cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add the urad dal, green chillies, asafoetida, curry leaves and sauté for 1 minute.
- Pour the tempering over the rice and mix well.
- Serve chilled, garnished with dill leaves if you like.
- Approximately ½ cup of uncooked rice will yield 1 cup of cooked rice.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.