Crispy Rice, Deep Fried Chinese Crispy Rice
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
- ગુજરાતી માં વાંચો (Crispy Rice, Deep Fried Chinese Crispy Rice in Gujarati)
Added to 60 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 74386 times
Like crispy noodles, Crispy Rice is also a key ingredient in Chinese cooking often used in sweets, savouries and Soups as a key ingredient or as a garnish.
Here we show you how to prepare and store some at home, handy for use in your favourite dishes.
To prepare this, 90 per cent cooked rice should be deep-fried till crisp. The ‘90 per cent’ is an important keyword here, because if the rice gets too mushy, it will just not dry up and it will be impossible to deep-fry it.
Make sure you cool the Crispy Rice well before storing it, otherwise it will ‘sweat’ and become soggy.
- Boil enough of water in a deep non-stick pan, add the rice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Drain well, spread the rice on a clean muslin cloth and allow them to dry for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, put half the dried rice and deep-fry on a medium flame till the rice turns crisp and light brown in colour from all the sides. . Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Repeat step 3 to make remaining crispy rice in 1 more batch.
- Cool completely and serve or store in an air-tight container and use as required.
- This crispy rice stays fresh up to 2 weeks when stored in an air-tight container at room temperature.
Nutrient values per cup
|Vitamin A||405 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||6.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.