- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Moong Soup in Hindi)
Added to 153 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 75231 times
This old-fashioned Moong Soup is sure to bring back memories of momma’s loving care. Guaranteed to rejuvenate you on a tiring day, this soothing soup is mildly flavoured with a tempering of cumin seeds and curry leaves.
Chock-full of protein, iron and fibre, this variant of the traditional recipe is made diabetic-friendly by using just a teaspoon of oil.
Enjoy this easy-to-digest yet sumptuous soup hot and fresh for the best consistency.
Enjoy how to make Moong Soup recipe with detailed step by step photos below.
- To make moong soup, combine the moong and 3 cups of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 3 whistles. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Do not drain the water.
- Blend the moong using a hand blender till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, green chillies and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the blended moong mixture, salt and 1 cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium fame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve the moong soup hot garnished with a sprig of coriander.
Moong Soup recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.