Added to 166 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 110715 times
moong soup recipe | whole green moong dal soup | healthy diabetic moong soup | with 15 amazing images
This old-fashioned moong soup recipe is sure to bring back memories of momma’s loving care. Guaranteed to rejuvenate you on a tiring day, this soothing whole green moong dal soup is pressure cooked and mildly flavoured with a tempering of cumin seeds and curry leaves.
Chock-full of protein, iron and fibre, this healthy diabetic moong soup is made diabetic-friendly by using just a teaspoon of oil. Mung is rich in Folate,Vitamin B9 or Folic Acid helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells.
I would like to share some important tips to make the perfect moong soup recipe. 1. Put the moong in a deep bowl and add enough water. Cover and soak the moong for 8 hours. 2. Pressure cook the moong for 3 whistles. Allow the steam to escape naturally before opening the lid. Do not drain the water. This water is loaded with nutrients leached out from the moong daal and we are going to use it for our Moong Soup.
Enjoy this easy-to-digest healthy heart soup, as Moong being rich in Antioxidants like Flavonoids, mung reduces the damage done by free radicals to the blood vessels and lowers inflammation. They help in the free flow of blood and good for heart in healthy heart moong soup.
Serve moong soup recipe hot and fresh for the best consistency.
Enjoy how to make moong soup recipe | whole green moong dal soup | healthy diabetic moong soup with detailed step by step photos below.
- To make moong soup , combine the moong and 3 cups of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 3 whistles. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Do not drain the water.
- Blend the moong using a hand blender till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, green chillies and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the blended moong mixture, salt and 1 cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium fame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve the moong soup hot garnished with a sprig of coriander.
Moong Soup recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.