Carrot Soup, Gajar Soup Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Carrot Soup, Gajar Soup Recipe in Hindi)
- ગુજરાતી માં વાંચો (Carrot Soup, Gajar Soup Recipe in Gujarati)
Added to 330 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 109416 times
This mildly-flavoured zero oil Carrot Soup is an ideal start to a light dinner. Carrots have a large amount of vitamin A, an excellent antioxidant that cleanses your body of free-radicals.
Prepared with low-fat milk, this soup features surprisingly low on the calorie meter too. Thickened smartly with protein-rich moong dal, and flavoured with onions and black pepper, the Carrot Soup is indeed a very tasty way to stay young and energetic.
- Combine the carrots, onions, moong dal and ¼ cup of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, transfer the mixture into a mixer and blend to a smooth purée.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep non-stick pan, add the milk, ½ cup of water, salt and pepper,mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.