Curd Shorba ( Low Calorie Healthy Cooking)
by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Curd Shorba ( Low Calorie Healthy Cooking) in Hindi)
Added to 231 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 45733 times
Who would have ever thought of making a shorba out of the humble curds? Here, we have conjured up this magical soup using low-fat curds, tomatoes, cucumber and onions to keep the calorie content less than 100. The high protein and calcium content of this shorba is a good way to build strong bones too.
- Combine the curds, turmeric powder and besan in a deep bowl and mix well till no lumps remain. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies and ginger and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the curds-besan mixture, milk and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cucumber, tomatoes and salt, mix well and cook on a slow flame for another minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with a sprig of coriander.
Curd Shorba (Healthy Heart Reciep) Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.