Mushroom Soup ( Good Food For Diabetes)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 78 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41716 times
Who can refuse a cup of creamy Mushroom Soup! And if you were told that it is a healthy version, you would enjoy it all the more. Mushrooms have a low carbohydrate level, and hence a low glycemic index too, which makes it a helpful ingredient for diabetics. Being rich in potassium, mushrooms also keep blood pressure under control, making it doubly beneficial. Further, by using whole wheat flour as a thickening agent along with low-fat milk as the base, we have also taken the guilt off the creaminess!
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the whole wheat flour, mushrooms and 1 cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame and allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Once cooled, combine the mushroom mixture and milk and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into the same deep non-stick pan, add the salt, pepper and 1 cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.