Whole Wheat Bread Rolls
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 52 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26190 times
Like there is a woman behind the success of every man, there is a perfect accompaniment behind the success of every starter. Apart from dips, sauces and chutneys, some kebabs and tikkis, especially the continental ones, need to be accompanied by breads or wafers, in order to balance the flavours and textures. Here, we show you how to make perfect Whole Wheat Brown Bread Rolls, which can be served for breakfast with jam and honey, or served with the appetizers for a more elaborate meal.
- Combine the yeast, sugar and 2 tbsp of warm water in a small bowl, cover it with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine the whole wheat flour, butter, salt, yeast-sugar mixture in a deep bowl and knead it into soft dough using approx. ¾ cup of warm water.
- Cover the dough with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Grease a baking tray with oil and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball and place it on the greased baking tray.
- Cover them with a damp muslin cloth and keep in a warm place for 45 minutes or till they rise well.
- Bake them in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly and serve.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.