Whole Masoor and Chawli Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17257 times
Tired of making run-of-the-mill soups with dal and vegetables? Here is an off-beat option prepared with Iron rich wholemasoor and chawli. Chawli is an extremely healthy iron rich green leafy vegetable but most people wonder how to prepare it such that it appeals to the whole family. This is a good way out. While making the Whole Masoor and Chawli Soup, the mixture is not strained at all, so we get a creamy, healthy and fibre-rich soup. Rich in iron, this soup helps build haemoglobin levels and is a good option for those with anaemia too.
- Combine the whole masoor, chawli leaves, tomatoes and 3 cups of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Blend the mixture in a mixer to a smooth purée and keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the whole masoor-chawli purée, chilli powder, lemon juice, salt and ½ cup of water,mix well and bring to a boil, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.