Pumpkin Soup ( Low Calorie Healthy Cooking )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 120 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 143721 times
You would never have imagined the possibility of preparing such a creamy and luxuriant soup at such a low-calorie count! Thickened with a mixture of low-fat milk, this Pumpkin Soup eliminates the need for cream but retains the classic creaminess. A real treat for pumpkin lovers, this delicious soup has an enticing flavour and irresistibly herby aroma.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the pumpkin and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of hot water, salt and pepper and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool. Once cooled, blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back into the same deep non-stick pan, add the oregano and milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.