Crushed Peanut Chikki, Crushed Shing Dana Chikki Made in Jaggery
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24990 times
Peanut Chikki is one of the most popular amongst chikkis, the crushed peanut version being as popular as the whole one. Crushing the peanuts increases the aroma of the chikki, and enhances the flavour too as the peanuts and jaggery mix more uniformly. The texture is also quite different, somewhat softer, which makes it convenient for elders also to enjoy. However, when making the Crushed Peanut Chikki, you must take care not to crush it in a mixer as it will get too soft – use a nut-crusher for the purpose.
This detailed recipe gives the step-by-step procedure to prepare Crushed Peanut Chikki. Keep all the required items ready on the kitchen platform before you begin making the chikki and make sure you use only an aluminium kadhai to get the right temperature and texture. While the chikki is still hot, remember to turn it upside down frequently as described in the recipe so that both sides will be smooth and glossy. It stays fresh in an airtight container for at least one month!
- Heat an aluminium kadhai on a high flame.
- Add the jaggery, mix well and cook on a high flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Lower the flame to slow and keep stirring continuously for 3 minutes, till it forms foam and changes the colour.
- Switch off the flame and keep stirring for few more seconds.
- Add the roasted crushed peanuts and mix very well.
- Put it on a greased platform, while mixing it upside down using a flat ladle. Divide the mixture into 2 equal portions.
- Pat a portion of the mixture, with greased hands and roll it using a greased rolling pin to make 300 mm. (12”) diameter circle.
- While rolling make sure it does not stick on the platform. If it sticks, loosen it using a flat ladle, and roll again.
- Cut immediately using a sharp knife into equal squares. Cool completely.
- Repeat step 7 to 9 to make 1 more batch of chikki.
- Break into pieces and store it in an airtight container in a cool and dry place.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.