Aside from Cashew Chikki, also try other chikki recipes like Daria Chikki. See detailed recipe or Daria Chikki.
Ingredients for Daria Chikki
2 1/2 cups daria (roasted chana dal)
2 cups chopped jaggery (gur)
Method for Daria Chikki
1. Heat an aluminium kadhai on a high flame.
2. Add the jaggery, mix well and cook on a high flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
3. Lower the flame to slow and keep stirring continuously for 3 minutes, till it forms foam and changes the colour.
4. Switch off the flame and keep stirring for few more seconds.
5. Add the daria and mix very well.
6. Put it on a greased platform, while mixing it upside down using a flat ladle.
7. Pat the mixture, with greased hands and roll it using a greased rolling pin to make 275 mm. (11”) diameter circle.
8. While rolling make sure it does not stick on the platform. If it sticks, loosen it using a flat ladle, and roll again.
9. Cut immediately using a sharp knife into equal squares. Cool completely.
10. Break into pieces and store it in an airtight container in a cool and dry place.