Mixed Til Chikki
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 178 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34758 times
Shiny white teeth and robust strong bones need a daily dose of calcium, and what better way to provide this essential nutrient than in the form of a crunchy Mixed Til Chikki!
The ingredients of this chikki such as sesame seeds, almonds and jaggery, are all Calcium-rich foods, which help you avoid and overcome calcium deficiency.
We have used a mixture of white and black til to give a balanced flavour and attractive appearance to this Jar Snacks , which is also very handy to carry in a dabba to school or office, to munch on when you feel hungry.
- Roast the sesame seeds for a few minutes over a medium flame till they are light golden in colour. Cool and keep aside. Repeat with the almonds.
- Grease the back of a flat thali or a stone surface with a little ghee and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add the jaggery to it.
- Simmer over a slow flame till the jaggery melts and caramelizes and forms a hard ball when you add a drop in cold water. Remove from the flame.
- Add the roasted sesame seeds and almonds and mix thoroughly with the melted jaggery. You may need to put off the flame during this process.
- When the mixture is ready, pour the entire mixture over the greased thali or a smooth stone surface. Roll the chikki out into thin sheets using a greased rolling pin.
- When cool, cut into square pieces. Store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.