Rajgira Chikki, Amaranth Chikki
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
This recipe has been viewed 5301 times
Crispy and sweet Rajgira Chikki, made with dainty little amaranth seeds and jaggery, is an awesome treat for the taste buds.
It has a rich taste and pleasing texture, combining the sweetness of jaggery, the rustic taste and texture of amaranth and the nutty crunch of cashew nuts.
A pinch of rock salt highlights the sweetness of the jaggery, while a dash of cardamom gives the chikki a wonderful aroma and flavour. Rajgira Chikki can be had on fasting days. It can also be made for festivals like Makar Sankaranthi .
Try other fasting recipes like Kand Sandwich or Kand Aloo Pakoda .
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the rock salt and jaggery, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the amaranth, cashews and cardamom powder, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Immediately pour into a greased 225 mm. (9”) by 125 mm. (5”) aluminium tin and spread it evenly.
- Cut into 10 equal pieces using a sharp knife.
- Cool for atleast 30 minutes.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container. Use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.