Cashew Biscuits, Eggless Cashewnut Biscuits
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 65 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25698 times
These delicious Cashew Biscuits will make tea-time very memorable indeed! Cashewnuts have a very special creamy flavour, which manifests very pleasingly in the cookie too. Plus, the coarse cashew powder also gives the cookie a melt-in-the-mouth texture that is unbeatable.
Make a batch of these irresistible Eggless Cashewnut Biscuits and store them in an airtight container to enjoy any time you wish you. But beware – it is difficult to stop eating them, so you might have to set yourself a limit, and tightly lid and hide the jar after that.
- Combine the plain flour and cashewnuts in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Cream the butter, powdered sugar and vanilla essence in a deep bowl and mix well using a wooden spoon.
- Add the plain flour-cashewnut mixture and mix well.
- Add the milk gradually and knead gently into a semi-stiff dough.
- Place the dough on a flat, dry surface and roll into a 250 mm. X 175 mm. (10 " x 7") rectangle.
- Cut the rolled dough into 50 mm. X 50 mm. (2” x 2”) equal square pieces.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 20 minutes.
- Allow it to cool completely and store it in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per biscuit
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.