Kurmura Chikki, Murmura Chikki Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 42 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 53492 times
A traditional treat that has withstood the test of time, Kurmura Chikki, with its wonderful crunch and puffy texture is loved across generations!
Light yet satiating, this tasty chikki is also easy to prepare, with minimal ingredients. Using jaggery instead of white sugar retains the traditional charm of this recipe, and also imparts a very rich and complex flavour to the puffed rice chikki.
Make this chikki for Sankrant along with Til Laddu and Mixed Til Chikki . This chikki is also a healthy Sweet Treat and Tiffin Snack for kids.
- Heat a deep non-stick pan, add the puffed rice and dry roast on a medium flame for 3 minutes. Remove and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in the same deep non-stick pan, add the jaggery, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Switch off the flame, add the puffed rice and mix very well.
- When the mixture is ready, put the entire mixture on the back side of the greased thali or a smooth greased stone surface. Roll it out thinly into a 200 mm. (8”) diameter circle using a greased rolling pin.
- Cut them into 38 mm. (1. 5’’×1. 5’’) square pieces using a sharp knife.
- Allow it to cool completely and store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values per piece
|Vitamin A||2.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.