Walnut Barfi, Microwave Walnut Barfi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 205 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 90845 times
Bored of the same old pista, badam and kaju barfis? Why not try this mouth-watering Walnut Barfi for a change?
The best part is that this tasty mithai can be prepared in a jiffy using our handy helper, the microwave oven. The milk powder helps to balance the salty flavour of the walnuts very well, resulting in a very exciting contrast.
Take care to crush the walnuts coarsely as that gives the best texture and flavour. If you powder it too finely, it might get a little gooey and bitter as well.
You can also try other desserts using the microwave like Chocolate Mug Cake , Coconut Barfi or Meetha Chawal .
- Combine the sugar, milk powder, milk and nutmeg powder in a microwave safe bowl and keep aside.
- Combine the walnuts and ghee in a microwave safe bowl, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring once after 1 minute.
- Add the milk-sugar mixture, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Remove and spread in a greased 125 mm. (5") tray and allow to set for 1 hour.
- Cut into squares. Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.