Coconut Barfi, Kesar Coconut Mawa Barfi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 44 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 62072 times
A mithai that is famous and well-loved all over India, the Coconut Barfi can now be prepared easily in the microwave oven.
No need to sweat over the consistency of the sugar syrup or any such complications. Just follow the simple instructions, and very soon you will have a mouth-watering sweet, with the rich texture and flavour of coconut and khoya tinged with the intense aroma of saffron.
In order to get the perfect colour and texture, make sure you scrape the coconut very finely, working on only the white portions and stopping as soon as you reach the brown crust, so you get pure white scrapings.
Quickly whip up a sweet dish in the microwave oven during festivals like Diwali , Holi , Raksha Bandhan etc.
- Combine the ghee and coconut in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the powdered sugar, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes, while stirring once in between.
- Add the mava, milk, saffron and lemon food colour, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture into a 100 mm. (4”) x 100 mm. (4”) greased tin and spread it using the back of a spoon into an even layer.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Cut into 9 equal pieces and serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.