by Tarla Dalal
Added to 178 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20317 times
Make your own coconut cream using this extremely simple method. You will never go back to the bought packs again, which do not only cost more but are also filled with preservatives. Coconut cream can be used to make different curries ranging from south-indian to thai curries and various desserts.
- Grate the coconut. Pour boiling water over and leave for 30 minutes.
- Put it in muslin cloth and squeeze out.
- This first pressing produces coconut cream, which after several hours of refrigeration acquires the density of double cream.
- You can keep the grated coconut to make coconut milk.
- Carefully grate only the white part of the coconut avoiding the brown skin as it will change the colour of the cream.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.