coconut barfi recipe | nariyal barfi | layered coconut barfi | rose coconut barfi |
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 46 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 93264 times
coconut barfi recipe | nariyal barfi | layered coconut barfi | rose coconut barfi | with 33 amazing images.
coconut burfi is an exciting fare to perk your Indian festive mood. Learn how to make layered rose coconut barfi.
Coconut Burfi (Barfi, or Burfi) is a popular Indian sweet or Indian fudge, made with dry desiccated coconut, milk, sugar and flavored with cardamom. Here we are making a layered coconut burfi recipe made of a base white layer and top pink layer. This layered coconut barfi is very easy to make and turns out soft and delicious using ingredients easily available at home.
Rose coconut barfi is made from simple ingredients like desiccated coconut, milk, fresh cream, cardamom, rose essence and sugar to sweeten it. No need to sweat over the consistency of the sugar syrup or any such complications to make rich mithai. Just follow the simple instructions, and very soon you will have a melt in mouth nariyal barfi, with the rich texture, flavour of coconut and rose tinged with the intense aroma of cardamom.
Tips to make coconut barfi: 1. Instead of sugar you can also add condensed milk to make barfi. 2. Fresh cream provides required moisture to the barfi which makes barfi extremely soft and delicious. 3. Roast the coconut on low heat for a minutes to intensify the coconut flavor. Make sure to not change the coconut color while roasting. 4. Instead of desiccated coconut you can also use freshly grated coconut. 5. Make sure to keep the excess parchment paper in the tin which becomes easier to transfer to the chopping board and the barfi also comes out easily.
Enjoy | coconut barfi recipe | nariyal barfi | layered coconut barfi | rose coconut barfi | with detailed step by step photos.
- To make coconut barfi, heat ghee in a non-stick pan. Add desiccated coconut and saute on medium flame for a minute.
- Add milk, fresh cream and sugar. Mix well using a spatula.
- Cook on medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously until the mixture leaves the side of the pan and binds together well.
- Switch off the flame and add cardamom powder and mix well. Divide the mixture into two portions.
- Line a 250 mm. X 125 mm. (10” x 5”) aluminium tin with butter paper or parchment paper and grease it well using ghee.
- Transfer one portion of the mixture into the lined and greased tin and spread it evenly using a spatula.
- Add rose essence and a few drops of red colour in the other half portion. Mix well.
- Refrigerate it for at least 1 and ½ hour.
- Garnish with edible silver foil, pistachios and rose petals.
- Cut the coconut barfi into 9 equal pieces and serve coconut barfi or use as require.
coconut barfi video
Coconut Barfi, Layered Rose Coconut Barfi Recipe recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.