5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 344 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 165827 times
kaju barfi recipe | homemade kaju barfi | easy kaju ki barfi | cashew barfi | with 21 amazing images.
kaju barfi recipe | homemade kaju barfi | easy kaju ki barfi | cashew barfi is a no-sweat, no-fuss recipe to prepare the all-time favourite Kaju Barfi within minutes! Learn how to make easy kaju ki barfi.
To make kaju barfi, blend the cashew nuts in a mixer to a fine powder and keep aside. Combine the sugar and ¼ cup of water in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Add the cashew powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously. Add the ghee and cardamom powder and mix well. Grease a 125 mm. (5”) diameter plate with a little melted ghee, transfer the mixture into it and spread it evenly. Allow the mixture to cool for 2 to 3 minutes, cut into 16 equal-sized diamond shaped pieces. Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container.
The homemade kaju barfi involves a very simple procedure and takes very little time to prepare. With this easy recipe, you can get the satisfaction of preparing pure and tasty Indian mithai for your family, right in your own kitchen.
This 4 ingredient easy kaju ki barfi makes no use of mava (khoya). Flavoured with very little cardamom powder, what you need to be careful while making this recipe is to cook the sugar only till it dissolves.
Whether it is Diwali , Raksha - Bandhan or a dessert party, the mithai platter would be incomplete without these delicious cashew barfi. It is sure to tingle everyone’s taste buds with its sinful and irresistible flavour and aroma.
Tips for kaju barfi. 1. It would be best to make kaju powder in a nut grinder/crusher. This helps in giving a uniform powder without its oil oozing out. 2. You can spread the cashew mixture on the back of a greased thali or any smooth surface or a butter paper. 3. Ensure to cool the mixture after rolling and before cutting them into pieces.
Enjoy kaju barfi recipe | homemade kaju barfi | easy kaju ki barfi | cashew barfi | with step by step photos.
- To make kaju barfi, blend the cashewnuts in a mixer to a fine powder and keep aside.
- Combine the sugar and ¼ cup of water in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cashew powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the ghee and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Grease a 125 mm. (5”) diameter plate with a little melted ghee, transfer the mixture into it and spread it evenly.
- Allow the mixture to cool for 2 to 3 minutes, cut into 16 equal-sized diamond shaped pieces.
- Serve kaju barfi immediately or store in an air-tight container.
- Traditional kaju barfis made with mava take a longer time to cook and also need refrigeration after making. This version is made in a jiffy and stays fresh for up to a week at room temperature itself, as it does not contain mava.
Kaju Barfi recipe with step by step photos
Choosing the right cashew nuts is key. Here are some points to note.
- Buy premium cashew nuts as they grind well and don't release oil.
- I prefer buying broken cashew nuts as they are cheaper. As we will be making kaju katli, the cashew nuts have to be ground.
- Get unsalted cashew nuts.
- If you have stored your cashew nuts in the fridge, then you need to take them out and use them at room temperature.
To make kaju barfi, put broken cashewnuts in a mixer.
Blend to a powder. Don't blend for a long time as the cashew nuts will release oil. Blend at small intervals ensuring the powder does not turn hot. Use a small blender jar and pulse for 30 seconds. If you blend for too long, your texture of kaju katli will get affected.
After blending the cashew nuts, pass through a sieve.
When sieving, you will need use a tablespoon to push the cashew powder through the sieve. Push downwards to move the powder into the glass bowl. Shake the siever with your hands at a fast speed to move the last bit through the sieve.
This is what the cashew powder mixture looks like. This can be made one or two days in advance. I like to do that as then the day i want to make the kaju katli, i have the cashew powder ready to use.
In a broad non stick pan add 1/2 cup sugar which is about 50 grams. You can adjust the sweetness by adding a bit more sugar if you wish.
Add 1/4 cup of water which is about 3 1/2 tablespoons of water.
Cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally to bring the sugar to a boil.
Add the cashew powder in 2 batches so that they will cook without forming lumps.
Mix well and ensure that the mixture on the sides of the pan are also mixed in.
Cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
Add 1 1/2 teaspoons ghee and cardamom powder.
Cook and mix well till the mixture thickens and leaves the sides of the pan.
See if the mixture is ready to make katli. Take the pan off the flame and put a small portion of the mixture in your greased hand and roll it. If it does not stick then you are ready to set your kaju katli otherwise add a little ghee to the pan and cook a bit more.
Transfer the kaju mixture onto a greased butter paper. We have put the butter paper on a wodden chopping board as that is easy to use for setting and cutting the kaju katli. Also the mixture spreads better on a flatter surface instead of a thali which has a little angle.
Allow the mixture to cool a bit. Grease your hands and then knead the warm dough. We don't want the dough to be completely cooled.
Cover the mixture with the butter paper and roll it out with a belan.
Allow the mixture to cool a bit and then cut them into diamond shape. Let the kaju katli cool completely and then remove them from the butter paper. As they cool they will harden.
You can store it in an airtight container to use later. This kaju barfi will stay fresh for 7 days in the airtight container.
Like kaju barfi, then see our collection of quick Indian sweets, mithai and some recipes we love.
- quick kalakand | instant klalkand | kalakand sweet | kalakand made with paneer | indian mithai | with 18 amazing images.
- quick shrikhand recipe | 5 minutes shrikhand | shrikhand with greek yoghurt or full fat curds | with 18 amazing images.
- sweet rice recipe | meethe chawal | Indian sweet rice | zarda pulao | with 27 amazing images.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.