Added to 250 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 201694 times
A nutritious treat for to-be moms, as the winning combo of sesame seeds and jaggery gives a good boost of iron, which is required to maintain healthy haemoglobin levels.
Pop a Til Chikki into your mouth whenever you feel nauseous, and you are sure to feel better instantly. When making this chikki, follow the procedure exactly, as it is important to cook the jaggery to the right stage for a perfect outcome.
In the early stages of pregnancy, when til is avoided, you can other options like Peanut Chikki or almond chikki.
Alo try other chikkis like Cashew Chikki , Mixed Til Chikki , Oats and Walnut Chikki and Kurmura Chikki .
- Heat a deep non-stick pan, add the sesame seeds and dry roast on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in the same deep non-stick pan, add the jaggery, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Switch off the flame, add the roasted sesame seeds and mix very well.
- When the mixture is ready, put the entire mixture over the back of a greased thali or a smooth stone surface. Roll it out thinly into a 200 mm. (8”) diameter circle using a greased rolling pin.
- Cut them into 38 mm. (1. 5’’×1. 5’’) square pieces using a sharp knife.
- Allow it to cool completely. Once cooled, store in an air-tight container.
Til Chikki Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.