Dry Fruit Chikki, Cashew Almond and Pistachio Chikki
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16834 times
Young and old alike drool over crunchy-munchy mixed nut chikkis! Indeed, who can resist the delectable combination of nuts with sugar in a crispy and handy form? The rich flavour and enticing texture of the Dry Fruit Chikki make you want to keep munching on them, and the temptation is even higher if the chikkis are fresh and homemade.
Follow the exact procedure to get the perfect chikki. Keep all the ingredients ready, and also keep a timer handy, because you need to act swiftly in order to get the right consistency. Chikki making is an art – right from getting the syrup right to rolling it out, everything needs to be done adeptly – but you can surely perfect it with practice.
You can crush these chikis and use it to make Chikki Ice- Cream . Other popular chikkis like Mixed Til Chikki , Til and Dry Fruit Chikki , Almond Til Chikki , Kurmura Chikki and Oats and Walnut Chikki are also an all time favourite, ready to eat sweet, with young and old alike.
- Heat a deep non-stick pan on a high flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a high flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Lower the flame and cook on medium flame for 2½ minutes, while stirring continuously or till the sugar has been completely melted.
- Remove from the flame, add the cashewnuts, almonds, pistachios and mix very well.
- Immediately transfer the entire mixture on a smooth greased stone surface. Roll it out thinly into a 200 mm. (8”) diameter circle using a greased rolling pin.
- Cut it into 13 mm. X 13 mm. (½’’×½’’) square pieces using a sharp knife, while it is warm. Allow it to cool for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove the chikkis from the surface with the help of a knife.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.