by Tarla Dalal
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12658 times
Making the perfect chikki is an art that requires a bit of practice to master, but it is totally worth the effort because the crispness and rich flavour of homemade chikki is much superior to any store-bought one. Plus, when you make the chikkis at home, you can use a blend of different nuts in the proportion that you wish.
Here is a detailed step-by-step recipe that shows you how to make Cashew Chikki at home. Keep all the required items ready on the kitchen platform before you begin making the chikki and make sure you use only an aluminium kadhai to get the right temperature and texture.
While the chikki is still hot, remember to turn it upside down frequently as described in the recipe so that both sides will be smooth and glossy.
Prepare a batch of this chikki and surprise your family with their favourite treat. It stays fresh in an airtight container for at least one month!
Alo try other chikkis like Mixed Til Chikki , Oats and Walnut Chikki and Peanut Chikki .
- To make cashew chikki, heat an aluminium kadhai on a high flame.
- Add the sugar and cook on a high flame for 3 minutes, while stirring continuously using a perforated spoon.
- Lower the flame to medium and cook again for 1 minute, while stirring continuously using the perforated spoon.
- Lower the flame to slow and cook again for 30 seconds using a perforated spoon.
- Remove the kadhai from the flame, add the cashewnuts and mix well.
- Pour the mixture on a greased platform and while hot turn it upside down twice with help of a flat ladle.
- Pat it evenly on all the sides with greased hands to flatten the mixture.
- Roll the mixture into a 275 mm. (11”) diameter circle using a greased rolling pin. While doing so, frequently turn the rolled mixture upside down and changing the sides using a flat ladle while scrapping to avoid the mixture sticking to the platform.
- Immediately cut it into 30 equal sized square pieces using a sharp knife and keep aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Break into pieces and again keep aside to cool completely for 15 minutes.
- Serve or immediately pack the cashew chikki in an air-tight container.
- Before you start making the chikki, keep the platform and rolling pin greased. Also keep the required tools like perforated ladle, flat ladle and knife handy. Even a slight delay in mixing or rolling the mixture might make the chikki hard or chewy, so be well prepared with all requirements before you begin.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.