Carrot and Cashew Payassam
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 33 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21155 times
Perhaps the healthiest of payasam recipes, this is an interesting way to give your family a vitamin a rich health boost!
- Boil the milk in a heavy-bottomed vessel till it is reduced to ¾ of its quantity, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai, add the carrots and sauté on a medium flame for 5 minutes. Keep aside to cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain the cashewnuts and keep the milk aside.
- Combine the carrots and cashewnuts and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste.
- Add the prepared paste, sugar and the milk kept aside to the boiled milk and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well. Cool completely and refrigerate at least for 2 hours. Serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.