Halim Ladoo, Halim Laddu
by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Halim Ladoo, Halim Laddu in Hindi)
Added to 23 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 76114 times
Do you know that 100 grams of garden cress seeds offers 100 mg of iron? Who would have thought that this tiny seed is a goldmine of iron!
Halim Ladoo is a traditional Maharashtrian sweet made with iron-rich garden cress seeds. Other ingredients like jaggery and almonds also add to the iron quotient of these delicious ladoos.
In this healthy version, we have even reduced the amount of coconut used to minimize the intake of saturated fats.
- Soak the garden cress seeds in ½ cup of water in a deep bowl for 3 hours. Do not drain the water.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the soaked garden cress seeds, jaggery and semolina, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 7 minutes or till the jaggery melts, while stirring continuously.
- Add the coconut and almonds and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture onto a plate and keep aside to cool slightly.
- Divide the mixture into 16 equal portions and shape each portion into a round ball.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per ladoo
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.