Almond Til Chikki ( Iron Rich Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 174 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28342 times
This is a healthy sweet treat as both black sesame seeds and almonds are rich in iron.
- Roast the sesame seeds for a few minutes over a medium flame till they are light golden in colour. Cool and keep aside. Repeat with the almonds.
- Grease the back of a flat thali or a stone surface with a little ghee and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add the jaggery to it.
- Simmer over a slow flame till the jaggery melts and caramelizes and forms a hard ball when you add a drop in cold water. Remove from the flame.
- Add the roasted sesame seeds and almonds and mix thoroughly with the melted jaggery. You may need to put off the flame during this process.
- When the mixture is ready, pour the entire mixture over the greased thali or a smooth stone surface. Roll the chikki out into thin sheets using a greased rolling pin.
- When cool, cut into square pieces. Store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||9.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.