Almond Bhakri, Gluten Free Almond Bhakri
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8755 times
For many, the aroma of bhakri cooking on the tawa is reminiscent of home-cooked food! Here, we introduce you to a totally off-beat Almond Bhakri. As you will surmise from the name, the Almond Bhakri is quite a rich treat, but it is healthy and gluten-free too, so anybody can go for it.
Almonds contain a lot of healthy fats, fibre, protein, magnesium and vitamin E. It helps lower blood sugar levels, reduces blood pressure and keeps cholesterol under check. You will be pleasantly surprised to know that the Almond Bhakri is also good for weight-loss, as almonds and ghee have perfect fats that keep you full for longer.
Enjoy these gluten-free bhakris with full-fat curds , a paneer-based subzi or dal to make a tasty meal. Just take care while making the bhakri, as it should only be patted and not rolled.
- Peel the almonds.
- Blend the almonds in a mixer to a smooth mixture without using any water.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the ghee and salt and mix well to make a dough without using any water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Grease the rolling board with ghee, put a portion of the dough and pat it to make a 100 mm. (4”) dimeter circle without using any flour.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the bhakri using ghee till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 to make 5 more bhakris.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.