Soya Methi Garlic Naan
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 37 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24389 times
The chewiness of plain flour naan can be quite tiresome after a helping! This sumptuous Soya Methi Garlic Naan made of fenugreek leaves and soya flour is not only rich in iron and low in calories, but also more enjoyable, with loads of garlic that not only imparts a nice flavour but also aids in reducing blood pressure. Enjoy this tasty naan without compromising on health!
- Combine the sugar, dry yeast and 2 tbsp of water in a small bowl. Cover and keep aside for 10 minutes or till the yeast swells up.
- Combine the wheat flour, soya flour, yeast-sugar mixture, salt, oil and fenugreek leaves in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Cover the dough with a lid or wet muslin cloth and allow it prove till it increases in volume slightly (approx. 20 to 30 minutes).
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Press a portion of the dough flat on a rolling board and sprinkle 1 tsp of garlic over it. Roll out into an oblong of 125 mm. (5") using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the roti on one side till it puffs slightly and then turn over.
- Cook it on the other side till it puffs a little and then roast it on an open flame till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 5 to 7 to make 7 more naans.
- Brush each naan with ? tsp of butter and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per naan
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.